Samueli Academy is a high-performing, college-preparatory public charter high school that will ultimately serve a student body of 480 foster, underserved and community teens, including 80 foster teens who will live on-site. The charter was approved in February, 2012, by the Orange County Department of Education. Click here to read the press release on the charter approval.
Located in Santa Ana, the Academy opened in August, 2013 with an initial freshmen class of 120 students. It incorporates eight educational best practices:
- STEAM curriculum (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math)
- Project-based learning
- Work-based learning
- Engineering and design pathways
- Small class sizes (approximately 20 students per class)
- Small student body (approximately 480 in grades 9-12)
- A Toshiba laptop for each student
- Caring staff focused on the “whole” student
The mission of Samueli Academy is:
To provide a transformational learning environment for foster, underserved and community teens
that offers consistency, stability, support, and a community in which to
belong, thrive, and grow into responsible, independent adults.
» Click here to visit the school’s website.
If you are interested in making a gift, please contact to Pam Shambra, Capital Campaign Director, at PShambra@orangewoodfoundation.org.